.

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

DIY Dress: PR V8787 + How I Rocked It!

Happy Tuesday Darlings, So as many of you know it is Fashion Week in Los Angeles and so I have a few shows I need to attend this week and things have been hectic. I really hate when things get so busy that I cant find time to sew for myself. Last night however I went into my sewing room closed the door and and did not come out until I had a finished dress, lol.

I was gifted this really lovely dark teak wool/knit blend and since I knew I didn't have a lot of time to sew I pulled out V8787 which by the looks of it was pretty straight forward and it was, nothing major. 
I started and finished the dress in just under 4 hrs.


(Scroll down to see how I worked the OOTD)


Pattern Review: Vogue 8787 View F


Pattern Description: V8787 Lined dress has fitted bodice variations, midriff, tapered or flared skirt and back zipper. F: semi-fitted skirt and back slit. Bias front bodice with fold-back facing.

Pattern Sizing: I cut the 6

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done? Yes

Were the instructions easy to follow? I read the instructions for the purpose of this review but I did not use them. I did however read them and from what I could see they were pretty easy to follow along. If you have made a simple dress before you wouldn't need them and I use my own methods of construction anyway.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? I love the cowl neck and the skirt variations.

Fabric Used: Wool Knit Blend (Gifted)

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: I didn't make any changes except for pegging a little more at the knee.

Would you sew it again? I might make another view, not sure.

Would you recommend it to others? Yes, great little pattern and easy to sew up.



Right Side Out                                                 Inside Out (fully lined)


Get The Look

DIY Dress V8787 (similar) HERE / Michael Kor Sunnies / Forever 21 Belt (old) similar HERE / Steve Madden Pumps (similar) HERE / Michael Kors Bracelet / Michael Kors Bag (old) similar HERE











xoxo
mimi g.

56 comments:

  1. Beautiful,looks even better on you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would not have looked at this pattern twice, but you have created it with such sophistication...love the touch of the belt/color. I'm inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SUPERB!!!!! Now I want to make it again lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Martha (StyleDiva87)October 16, 2012 at 12:40 PM


    You "Mimi-fied" it and it looks great - love the collar- very elegant!~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great dress. Adding this to my list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great look! I will be adding this dress to my wish list, that's quickly growin since finding you blog :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would have never given this pattern a second thought. If the big four really wants to get even the most fugly looking patterns a second look they really need to get better stylist. If the featured dress look even half as nice as yours I would have picked this one up. Wonderful job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job, and I love the color! (and matching nail polish ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! Did you use the same fabric for the lining? If not, what fabric did you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No hun, I used a navy tricot and cut it slightly smaller then called for so it helps keep things in place, lol

      Delete
  10. Love the. Fit the color love it all u look stunning

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely beautiful! I knew it would be!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks great Mimi! I love this dress and since I will be going back to work in December, I think I need to be making some dressy work clothes for myself :) This looks like it would work on my frame, even if I don't loose the 10 lbs I have been wanting to loose :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that. It reminds me of the Black Halo Jackie O dress.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I recently purchased this when it was on sale at Hancocks, now I can't wait to wear it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love it Mimi! Very professional job and look. Just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think it looks a lot like the Black Halo dress too. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. gorgeous heels love the dress and the fit you got that killer body honey you better WORK!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great dress that looks fabulous on you. I like the color combo of teal and aqua.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You are off the chain... I love this dress and color on you... Beautiful

    www.jayla31.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. This dress fits you like a glove and the bow skinny belt is the perfect addition!

    Roni
    www.styleandpoise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. This dress is gorgeous...and it looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Really like this color combo. I realize that I can make this in a heavier fabric for the fall. It's soo easy to wear

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Mimi,

    Beautiful, fits you like a glove! Love the new logo.

    ReplyDelete
  24. That dress is amazing.... it fits you like a glove! You did a wonderful job for doing it only under 4 hours......

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love this dress Mimi and you look fabulous in it. I've been working out lately and watching what I eat. I'm now starting to see my waistline again so maybe I'll give this dress a try. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  26. That dress turned out beautiful and I love your styling. What a cute belt!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful dress and the fit is top notch as always! I love seeing your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Gorgeous! I love that pattern, and that fabric and color look great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  29. FOUR HOURS?! You are officially my idol. Love this dress!
    www.always-a-project.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. Very nice Mimi! So flattering on you!

    ReplyDelete
  31. LOVE! The belt really was a sharp and breezy touch!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Dayum! You look so sexy! You have such a hot body. Killer dress.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Mimi, what do you line your ponte and knits with? I tried to line ponte with ponte and find it too thick and bulky. Your ponte/knit makes always look so smooth with the lining.

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment ;-)

xoxo
mimi g.