.

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

FREE DIY LEGGINGS TUTORIAL! + Pattern WINNER




Hi Darlings!

Let's start the year off right with a new tutorial. This is one of the most requested tutorials I get and since posting my sequin leggings from the look below the request has grown incredibly. I have also filmed a tutorial on the Mini Peplum Dress and will be posting that on Thursday!

In the video I show you two methods for drafting the pattern using an old pair of leggings and then I walk you through every step of cutting & sewing. If you want to make the leggings using sequin fabric I suggest you first watch the Sequin Maxi Tutorial HERE where I give tips on working with sequin.

Here are my suggested FABRIC choices: Stretch Double Knits HERE (make sure to check the content and buy only those with 4%-5% spandex) ITY Knits HERE / Glitter Print Knits HERE / Printed Knits HERE / Sequin Black HERE / Sequin Gold HERE / Sequin Purple HERE / Athletic Spandex HERE

My Favorite Tool: SA Curve HERE (I suggest the 5/8") 




VIDEO TUTORIAL: http://youtube.com/mimigoodwin2

Sweater F21 HERE ( I am wearing the small) similar HERE / DIY Leggings / Steve Madden Boots HERE and on sale!

PATTERN WINNER of V8601 is Dianne! email me your address doll.


7 comments:

Thank you for taking time to comment ;-)

xoxo
mimi g.